Solved

loop? for this.. if so how?

• 4 August 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hi All,

I'm a novice. I have a MSSQL_ADO reader working on a non spatial table. My next challenge

is to find the best way to iterate through a field in that table and use that value (which is a set of table names) to copy a Feature Class of the same name to another DB. I have done some reading and video watching on loops but haven't been able to implement anything that does feature by feature only the entire record set. If that's the best approach.

I've no problem writing loops in Python\\.NET or cursors in SQL Server but I'm trying to avoid code.

Regards,

Richard

icon

Best answer by takashi 4 August 2015, 09:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Richard,

If you are using FME 2015.1, FeatureReader and Dynamic writer would be a quick way.

Hope this helps.

Takashi
Badge
Hi Richard,

If you are using FME 2015.1, FeatureReader and Dynamic writer would be a quick way.

Hope this helps.

Takashi

Hi Takashi,

My FeatureReader is iterating through all of the Feature Types in the Tablenames table (SQL Select statements). However I'm wondering how to expose the attributes for each of the corresponding tables found? The only attributes I have are from the TableNames table.

Regards,

Richard

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Richard,

Hope this helps.

Takashi
Hi @richardtriesfme, there is no way to expose attribute names automatically. If necessary, you will have to manually enter the attribute names into the Attributes to Expose parameter in the FeatureReader or use the AttributeExposer transformer.

However, in this case, I don't think you need to expose any attribute, since the dynamic writer will configure the schema of destination tables automatically.

Do you have any specific reason to expose attributes?

Badge

Thanks Takashi, I was planning on using the changedetector after to identify any changes in all attributes for data replication.

Badge
Hi Richard,

Hope this helps.

Takashi

Thanks Takashi, I was planning on using the changedetector after to identify any changes in all attributes for data replication.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Richard,

Hope this helps.

Takashi
I don't think it's essential to expose any attribute if you intend to use a ChangeDetector with Match All Attributes strategy. However, if you need to select some attributes in the Selected Attributes parameter field (Match Selected Attributes or Match All Except Selected Attributes strategy), you will have to expose them beforehand.