Question

Issues connecting with Portal !!!

Hello,

I'm having issues trying to connect to the my Portal that is using OKTA - Auth2 to login.

I've seen a fee threads on here regarding this issue but does not really explain clearly oon what to do.

I get this error "

OAuth2 Approval

Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there: "

I followed the steps to register FME in Portal. Filled in all the correct info in the Manage Web Services. I put in my crednitals and get that error. I don't even know if it;s an error. I just dont know what to do at this point ?

OAuth2 Approval

Please copy this code, switch to your application and paste it there: "

I've seen a couple threads, but didn't really give an answer just said to submit a ticket.

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/109164/failing-to-connect-to-esri-arcgis-portal.html

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/88927/how-do-i-reliably-connect-fme-server-201819-to-arc.html

Can someone please help me figure this out .

Thank you

4 replies

Did you ever figure this out? We are having the same issue.

when i try to connect with portal its issue with connecting to the port of my site WASA Duplicate

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

In your first article/link, read the replies and see all the detail provided by @rahulsharma​ 

In the manage web services item for portal, Double check the url for your portal in the authorisation, retrieve and refresh token.

then when you return to authorise a webconnection to this portal web service , you authenticate as self/named user that exists in portal. Can you f12 dev tools and watch the saml o auth requests made

Badge +8

Hi @awais0098butt​ 

Are you sure that your portal is SAML authenticate not 2-step authenticated with NTLM?

You should be able to tell this when you try to login to your portal in Private Windows, if the URL prompts your with a dialog similar to the one shown below, it would indicate that you have a Windows Authenticated portal and will not be able to use OAuth web connection.

PortalNTLM_InCognito