Question

Copy entire folder from A to B destination

• 18 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

I used the reader ( directory and path file name ) and writer ( file copy ) to move all file from folder A to folder B, is there a way we could move also the subfolder in A to B and keep, instead of creating a reader for each subfolder

is it possible to write it a zip file

all this is used to backup data

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

If the destination on the File Copy Writer has an extension .zip, the writer will zip the files on the destination.

You could also use the reader to read all folders and then construct the files to copy by adding \\*.* to the folder names. This would be the source for the Copy writer. The destination would be <foldername>.zip

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

The writer has parameters to copy subfolders, too:

And to zip them, as @erik_jan has told you, just click on the yellow icon:

Badge +10

@oscard @erik_jan

Thanks for your response, that's exactly what I did but it didn't work still taking only the file located inside the folder and no subfolder, attached the workspace filecopy.fmw,

sample

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

@oscard @erik_jan

Thanks for your response, that's exactly what I did but it didn't work still taking only the file located inside the folder and no subfolder, attached the workspace filecopy.fmw,

sample

OK. Let's see.

Could you test the following changes?

- For the Reader:

- In your AttributeManager you are deleting the file extension. Try this:

@Value(path_filename)_@DateTimeFormat(@DateTimeNow(),%d %B %Y-%H h %M mn).@Value(path_extension)