Question

File geodatabase output in Network location issue

• 26 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I am generating Results with Esri file geodatabase in Network location but I am receiving following error

Unable to connect to the File Geodatabase at '\\\\server\\project\\Test.gdb'. Make sure the correct filename was specified, and that the geodatabase wasn't saved with a newer version of ArcGIS than the one installed locally. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147024894'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Please advise for further.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. Would you be able to check the following?

1. Ensure you have the proper permissions to write to that location. Are you able to create a new file there? You will need write permissions to successfully create a geodatabase.
  2. Check if there are any antivirus measurements in place that may affect writing over a shared drive.
Badge +2

The same error was encountered in this question. It seems possible that either a table / feature class or the entire geodb is locked and FME can't overwrite it. Try writing to a different file geodb. Possibly add a Drop Table on the FME feature type.