Question

SQL database records to featureclass

• 17 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi. I'm a new to FME and so far I am excited and overwhelmed. I am trying to connect to an exteral SQL database (CAD 911), run query, geocode query results, and write to an existing esri point featureclass. I'd like this to be a scheduled job where it updates the featureclass with new sql database records daily. This seems like FME 101...

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Welcome to the FME Community @xander! It's wonderful to hear that you're ready to dive into FME. I found some excellent resources for you on the FME Knowledge Base that should be helpful:

If you haven't had the opportunity to familiarize yourself with some FME basics, I would suggest going through our Getting Started with FME Desktop tutorial series. When you have more time, check out our free online training courses: FME Training. I hope this helps!

Badge +9

Seconding what Nampreet has suggested. You'll specifically want to look at the SQL Server Reader, the Geocoder Transformer and the Esri GDB writer.

Is there a particular spot that you are stuck? The community is a great place to find help and I am confident you'll get there.