Solved

FeatureMerger to join 2 excel and remove duplicate rows

• 22 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +13

hello,

i am confused a little bit ,how can i use FeatureMerger correctly.

I have two excel on my workspace ,Excel A : has three rows but one of them is duplicate from Excel B ,and two rows not .

Excel B has 50 rows

i want to merge Excel A with Excel B

and if we have any duplicate row (i mean the one of Excel A) ,remove the duplicates and keep the rest of rows .

so As a result,i need to have Excel that contains 52 rows .

i read alot the Documentation but iam still confused in adjust properties of Featuremerger ,i will be thankful if someone help me .thanks

icon

Best answer by robotix 22 January 2020, 21:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If i've understood correctly, you should be able to just send features from both A and B to a duplicate filter, and choose whichever attribute(s) are duplicated. No need for a featuremerger at all.

Badge +13

If i've understood correctly, you should be able to just send features from both A and B to a duplicate filter, and choose whichever attribute(s) are duplicated. No need for a featuremerger at all.

i used duplicate filter but there is something data missing but i do not know why.so i think ,i can use feature merger then use remove duplicate .could u hep me if i want to use feature merger and see the difference .bcs duplicate filter something is wrong with me .thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

i used duplicate filter but there is something data missing but i do not know why.so i think ,i can use feature merger then use remove duplicate .could u hep me if i want to use feature merger and see the difference .bcs duplicate filter something is wrong with me .thanks

Feature merger is not what you want here, as you would only ever get the same number of features out as went into the requestor, you would never get the 52 rows you are looking for

Badge +4

@gogopotter90

Here is how i would do it. In the example I used a source file of 13 rows then copied it and changed 2 rows for the other source. So in the end i should have 15 rows.

The key is to use more that one output from the feature merger and select 'process duplicate suppliers'.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

As @ebygomm said I would use either the DuplicateFilter or the Matcher transformer to remove duplicates, not the FeatureMerger.

Badge +4

As @ebygomm said I would use either the DuplicateFilter or the Matcher transformer to remove duplicates, not the FeatureMerger.

DuplicateFilter is easier.

Badge +13

@gogopotter90

Here is how i would do it. In the example I used a source file of 13 rows then copied it and changed 2 rows for the other source. So in the end i should have 15 rows.

The key is to use more that one output from the feature merger and select 'process duplicate suppliers'.

Thanks i will try it

Badge +13

Feature merger is not what you want here, as you would only ever get the same number of features out as went into the requestor, you would never get the 52 rows you are looking for

thanks i used duplicate as u suggested