Question

FME server data download sending empty emails

• 8 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We are using FME Server 2015. It's installed since a couple of days.

TOday, we noticed that some of our datadownload services are sending empty emails (async). Others are sending the emails as configured.

Any idea of why we meet that behaviour?

Regards.

Vincent.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Are you using notifications to send the email? If so, are the failing emails using the same topic/subscriber as the successful ones? Also, are the jobs sending empty emails failing in some way? Perhaps they are reading/writing zero features? I'd start by looking at some of these questions, check the job logs to see what has happened. I'm sure there must also be a log somewhere of the notification service (though I don't know where).

Hi Mark,

the emails are using the same topic/subscribers as the successful ones.

I just tested one thing now: in the writer, there is a fanout activated. when I disable the fanout, the email is correctly filled in....

Is there anything "special" to mention when using a fanout on DGN?

Regards.

Vincent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

If you are using dataset fanout with data download then there are some additional configurations required. Please see the following article:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/332/dataset-fanout-doesnt-work-for-services.html

Also note that for FME Server 2016.0, this configuration is no longer required for the workflow to be successful.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Mark,

the emails are using the same topic/subscribers as the successful ones.

I just tested one thing now: in the writer, there is a fanout activated. when I disable the fanout, the email is correctly filled in....

Is there anything "special" to mention when using a fanout on DGN?

Regards.

Vincent.

If you are using dataset fanout with data download then there are some additional configurations required. Please see the following article:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/332/dataset-fanout-doesnt-work-for-services.html

Also note that for FME Server 2016.0, this configuration is no longer required.