Question

Creating a 'pass/fail' sequence for multiple workspaces/groups of transformers

• 23 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I've created a number of workspaces with various transformers in, and I'm trying to figure out a way to run all workspaces in one go in a sequence. Essentially, once one workspace has run through it's transformers, created the desired output and returned a 'Translation was SUCCESSFUL' result, I'd then like this to kick-start the following workspace.

Is this possible? I did consider the alternative, which was to bring all the various workspaces together into a single workspace, but due to the incredibly high volume of 'FeatureMergers' this would impact the performance too much if they all ran concurrently. Unless there is a way to trigger a group of transformers once another group has successfully processed?

Any guidance will be (as ever) greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Have you looked at the WorkspaceRunner? It will let you chain several workspaces together. You can set "Wait for job to complete" to YES to chain them sequentially, or set it to NO to do parallel processing. There's some good info in the help.

There's also an old article here that's still relevant: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1469/batch-processing-using-the-workspacerunner-1.html

Note: If you're on FME Server, you need to use the FMEServerJobSubmitter rather than the WorkspaceRunner.

Badge

Have you looked at the WorkspaceRunner? It will let you chain several workspaces together. You can set "Wait for job to complete" to YES to chain them sequentially, or set it to NO to do parallel processing. There's some good info in the help.

There's also an old article here that's still relevant: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1469/batch-processing-using-the-workspacerunner-1.html

Note: If you're on FME Server, you need to use the FMEServerJobSubmitter rather than the WorkspaceRunner.

Superb, thank you @david_r!