Question

REVIT, Python and FME

• 4 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello, we are conducting a topic on BIM and GIS for our graduation project. We added the modem models in the building model that we modeled through REVIT and then added their shooting areas as a 3d sphere. In the 2-storey building, the sphere added to the modem in the ceiling appears on the base of the upper floor. This problem is also suggested by our teacher to solve the python and write a script about it. So we need to write a script that would prevent the overlay of the circles we added on the modems from the walls, but I couldn't see an example of this before, nor did I find any code written on python. I have a limited knowledge of Python, but I think we can handle it if we have a topic or an example. We will then integrate the Python script with the FME program.

I'm waiting for your ideas related to the Python code that we will integrate into the model in the revision.

1 reply

Badge +21

Hi @kanburmu - Have a look at the latest FME2019 or FME2020 for better support for Reading REVIT-files. https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#next-beta

Also if you have some example data I would suggest uploading them here and using Transformers instead of Python-scripts in FME.