Question

AreaGapAndOverlapCleaner : How to operate just between features and not inside the same feature

• 26 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I'm using the AreaGapAndOverlapCleaner to clean some gaps in my data. However, the transformer shrinks the edges of some narrow polygonal water streams I have. How to make the transformer operate just between features and not in the inside of the same feature ?

Thank you.

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi @lianaolianov,

Are you referring to donut's ? because the holes are treated as gaps according to the documentation, unless the fill all gaps is set to no.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @lianaolianov,

Are you referring to donut's ? because the holes are treated as gaps according to the documentation, unless the fill all gaps is set to no.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Not referring to donuts but to slim features, for example, If I have a cleaning tolerance of 10m and and area feature slim < 10, the transformer shrinks it.
Badge +16

Hi,

Not referring to donuts but to slim features, for example, If I have a cleaning tolerance of 10m and and area feature slim < 10, the transformer shrinks it.

You could try and filter these slim features before cleaning the gaps > clean gaps > re-introduce slim features to the dataset.

Or use one of the priority repair methods.