Solved

Extraction of attributes from Excel to shape

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to extract the attributes from Excel to Shape file. I have a large shape with certain attributes, and I would like to join them by some conditions.

For example in this case, there are two attributes that are same as the names of the cells in Excel. If those values are the same, I would like to join the rest of attributes.

I am trying to do this with feature merger. Xls is supplier and Shape is Requestor in my case, but I am not getting those extra attributes that I want to get.

Can somebody please help me with a hint?

Best regards,

Dejan

icon

Best answer by maliodpalube 7 May 2018, 13:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Check the Attribute Accumulation settings in the FeatureMerger. It defaults to "Merge Supplier" which would mean that the Excel attributes are being added to the Shape data. The features where that happens are coming out of the Merged port.

If that doesn't work you should doublecheck whether you have the matching set up correctly and whether there actually are matches.

Badge

Check the Attribute Accumulation settings in the FeatureMerger. It defaults to "Merge Supplier" which would mean that the Excel attributes are being added to the Shape data. The features where that happens are coming out of the Merged port.

If that doesn't work you should doublecheck whether you have the matching set up correctly and whether there actually are matches.

I am not sure why I am not getting good results. Basically I need to merge those two things in following way:

All the attributes from SHAPE should be held and for those in XLS where KO and SREZ value are the same as in SHAPE, I would like to add the rest of attributes from XLS to SHAPE so my final result should contain SREZ, KO, BROJ, PODBROJ, IND, GID, INDGID,NAZIV SREZA, POLITI?KA OPŠTINA, NAZIV POLITI?KE OPŠTINE, NAZIV KO, ZVANI?NA ŠIFRA IZ POL. MONSTATA.

Any hint? Thank you in advance

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I am not sure why I am not getting good results. Basically I need to merge those two things in following way:

All the attributes from SHAPE should be held and for those in XLS where KO and SREZ value are the same as in SHAPE, I would like to add the rest of attributes from XLS to SHAPE so my final result should contain SREZ, KO, BROJ, PODBROJ, IND, GID, INDGID,NAZIV SREZA, POLITI?KA OPŠTINA, NAZIV POLITI?KE OPŠTINE, NAZIV KO, ZVANI?NA ŠIFRA IZ POL. MONSTATA.

Any hint? Thank you in advance

Why not add your desired attributes to the writer feature type "parcelle"? You can add any attribute in the User Attributes tab of the writer feature type properties dialog.

Just be aware, if the destination data format was also Esri Shapefile, every user attribute name should be 10 or less bytes. It's a limitation according to Shapefile specifications.

Badge

Thank you for answers. I have solved this with FeatureMerger and just manually adding the attributes in writer and connecting them and then filtering the ones that I need in order to remove duplicates with Tester.

Thank you all.