Question

Date formatter works locally but fails when published to server

• 14 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have a job that reads data from a MSSQL database. The date format comes in like this.

%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S

I am writing the data out to a csv file in this format

%Y%m%d

I am running workbench and server 2017

The job works perfectly fine on my workbench but fails with this error when published to FME server.

AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter_<Rejected>(TeeFactory): AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation'' AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''

5 replies

Badge +2
Hi @fizquierdo,

What build of FME Desktop and Server are you using? I would like to try and replicate the issue to see if we can get to the bottom of it. Additionally would you be able to provide a copy of the full log file?

Badge

Hi @hollyatsafe, Desktop is 17722 Server is 18295.

Thanks,

Fernando

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe, Desktop is 17722 Server is 18295.

Thanks,

Fernando

Hi @fizquierdo,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to reproduce the issue using the same builds, are you on Windows OS? Couple of quick questions for you: 

1. Are you using the DateTimeConverter?(DateFormatter was upgraded to DTC in 2017 so perhaps would be worth upgrading the transformer if you created this workspace in an older version of FME Desktop?)
  2. In the DateTimeConverter have you specified the input or left it on Auto detect? 
  3. Have you tried writing out the Data using the @DateTimeFormat() function in the AttributeManager instead?
@DateTimeFormat(@DateTimeParse(@Value(date),%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S), %Y%m%d) 

Please could you attach the full log file containing the error so I can see if there were any other warnings that might give more insight into the cause? 

Badge

Hi @hollyatsafe. I am using the DTC on windows OS. I am formatting the input and output as shown above. Attaching a screen shot dtc.png. Again, this works perfectly fine locally but fails with this error when published to FME server. I am reading from MSSQL and writing to a csv file. Can you post your results from FME server and the DTC configuration you used? It may make sense to work with you live through a screen sharing session if you can't reproduce on your side. This does appear to be a bug but could be related to my settings. The fact that it works locally and fails on server makes it difficult to peg at as anything other than a bug though.

AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter_<Rejected>(TeeFactory): AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation'' AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter_<Rejected>: Termination Message: 'AP_Latest_Survey_Date_Formatter output a <Rejected> feature. To continue translation when features are rejected, change 'Workspace Parameters' > Translation > 'Rejected Feature Handling' to 'Continue Translation''

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe. I am using the DTC on windows OS. I am formatting the input and output as shown above. Attaching a screen shot dtc.png. Again, this works perfectly fine locally but fails with this error when published to FME server. I am reading from MSSQL and writing to a csv file. Can you post your results from FME server and the DTC configuration you used? It may make sense to work with you live through a screen sharing session if you can't reproduce on your side. This does appear to be a bug but could be related to my settings. The fact that it works locally and fails on server makes it difficult to peg at as anything other than a bug though.

Hi @fizquierdo,

My DTC set up is the same as the image you included so I think for now the most beneficial next step would be for you to share some additional data so that I can see whats going on with your set up rather than mock data. Please could you attach your workspace - you can run a sample of the MSSQL database to a recorder which will save it to an FFS file that I can use as well. In addition please could attach Loggers to all ports (including rejected) both before and after the DTC and then provide the full logs when the job is run on both FME Desktop and Server.

In Desktop Log files have the extension .log and by default are saved in the same directory as your workspace file.

In Server you can download the job logs from within the web UI or they can also be found in <LogDir>\\engine\\current|old\\jobs\\<number>\\job_<value>.log

If you do not wish to upload these files to this question you can add the files here:

URL: ftp://ftp.safe.com

Public Username: anonymous

but please submit the folder to the top level with no sub directories else I will not be able to access them.

-Thanks