Question

Can FME upload a file to a website (data conversion) and download the result?

• 12 November 2018
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi All,

There's a website (http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input) that can convert drone GPS log file to KML by uploading a file (file extension is *.UBX) to the website and able to download the kml after the conversion.

(FYI, FME cannot read/convert UBX file)

Can FME upload a file to the website (for data conversion) and download the result (kml)?

looks like"HPPTCaller" has the file upload capability, but how I can get the parameters info? and how can I download the data?

thanks a lot!!!!!

Wilson

4 replies

Userlevel 4

You'll basically have to reverse-engineer the form on that page. The easiest if probably to activate the browser developer tool and start monitoring network activity. Then manually fill out the form as you'd like FME to do it and inspect the in- and outbound requests, including form data and headers.

You then have to transfer that logic into the HTTPCaller, the documentation will be very helpful for this.

Badge

You'll basically have to reverse-engineer the form on that page. The easiest if probably to activate the browser developer tool and start monitoring network activity. Then manually fill out the form as you'd like FME to do it and inspect the in- and outbound requests, including form data and headers.

You then have to transfer that logic into the HTTPCaller, the documentation will be very helpful for this.

Thanks...will try that out

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can I suggest you post an idea on this site to support the UBX format? Then other users can vote it up and the format might get officially supported. I know of at least one other user who needed this, and yet there are no requests in our developer database. Posted as an idea at least we would see it and have a count of requests.

Badge

Sounds good