Question

Multiple destination nodes as input for Stream Order Calculation tool.

• 6 April 2018
  • 1 reply

I am working to calculate Stream order for Geobase National Hydro-logical network for Canada. I used this link for my task -->

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1228/calculating-strahler-stream-order-numbers-streamor.html

This is really good FME model and stream order are just fine for the network having just one destination point. But I have few problems with this model, which I am trying to solve:

1. If the Hydro network have more than one destination point. How can I input more nodes as destination points for each network in stream order calculation tool, so that it calculates stream order for that network based on all the destination points instead of just one destination point. Also, is this even possible with the existing stream order calculation tool?

2. I have few destination points for few networks which do have a lowest elevation but those points are on mainland (maybe inside a ditch, pond etc) and not inside the ocean but the network actually ends inside the ocean but maybe the elevation for the point inside the ocean is higher than the elevation of node on the land. is their a solution for this problem?

Please help me with these issues as I am very new to FME.

1 reply

Badge +3

If you want to find multiple routes on a network, you could consider using the ShortestPathFinder. You'll have to create a set of starting and end points. You could use your own destination points in this case.

Within the Matcher, currently network nodes with the lowest flow values are filtered to a single one. Also the example documentation states that only one can be used.

At least you can give it a try.