Question

Unable to connect to Microsoft Sql Server

Badge

FME Database Edition

Build: 18295

I am unable to connect to an instance of Microsoft SQL Server.

Steps to reproduce:

Tools> FME Options > Database Connections>click '+' button

entered in all connection info for Microsoft SQL Server

using windows authentication

When using Windows Authentication I receive the following error:

Microsoft SQL Server Non-Spatial Reader: Connection failed. Connection string `Provider=SQLNCLI11;DataTypeCompatibility=80;Data Source=155.80.100.24 ;User ID=;Password=********'. Provider error `(-2147217843) Invalid authorization specification'

On the same machine I am able to connect through ArcGIS Desktop using the same connection settings

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @brianmulcahy

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. This may be related to a known issue using Windows Authentication with SQL Server which has been fixed in FME 2018.1. Would you be able to try the latest 2018.1 beta?
Badge

I'll need to spin up a new VM in order to install and test the beta version. Can I use the same license key or will I need to acquire a trial key?

Badge +2

I'll need to spin up a new VM in order to install and test the beta version. Can I use the same license key or will I need to acquire a trial key?

Hi @brianmulcahy, Technically you can install more than one version of FME on the same machine, without issue. (see this article for reference). If your organization require beta to be installed separately, and you currently have a node locked license, then you'll need a new license code to test the beta on the new VM.

Badge +1

Hi @brianmulcahy

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. This may be related to a known issue using Windows Authentication with SQL Server which has been fixed in FME 2018.1. Would you be able to try the latest 2018.1 beta?
@DebbiAtSafe Appears to also apply for the "FME(R) 2018.0.1.1 (20180615 - Build 18312 - WIN32)" on windows 10. Upgraded to 2018.1 (build 18520) and Windows Authentication works as expected.

Badge

Also occurred with the latest beta

Badge

It also occurred with the latest beta same error code and everything

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

It also occurred with the latest beta same error code and everything

Hi @brianmulcahy

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into issues connecting. Would you be able to submit a support case here?