Question

obj reader parameters

• 16 December 2016
  • 4 replies

The obj reader includes parameters for files to be used for co-ordinate transformation. What are the format and extensions for these files.

4 replies

Badge +16

usually you can see which file type it is by trying to add one, I suppose.

Hello itay:

Thanks for the response but I am not sure what you mean. Th reader documentation says "the companion dataset files (having the same name as the primary file) are read in order to acquire the coordinate system and the data necessary to convert points to the world coordinate system" however I cant find any information on what these files should contain and what extensions to use. Are they projection and world files and what is the structure

frohoman.

Badge +16

Hello itay:

Thanks for the response but I am not sure what you mean. Th reader documentation says "the companion dataset files (having the same name as the primary file) are read in order to acquire the coordinate system and the data necessary to convert points to the world coordinate system" however I cant find any information on what these files should contain and what extensions to use. Are they projection and world files and what is the structure

frohoman.

Hi @frohoman, Yes I had a look at it myself and agree that its not quite clear which type of files should be used. Visiting the link provided in the documentation didnt help either.

I suggest you contact Safe about it.

@itay

Thanks I will contact support