Solved

Only clipping geometry's with same ID

• 29 June 2016
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I want to clip geometry's, but with the same ID's only. I've got 2 input files (1 is clipper 2 is clippee), both contain geometry's. I want to know how much the clippee is outside of the clipper, but only if it has the same ID as te clipper. Is it possible with the clipper? Maybe the clipper is the wrong transformer? Can anyone help? Maybe @takashi?

Clipper geometry's: 3

Clippee geometry's: 1204

It should be aprox. 400 clippee's a clipper.

Kind regards

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 29 June 2016, 10:57

View original

5 replies

It should be something like a clipper with an IF statement. IF ID's match then clip, if not it should not pass.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The "Group By" setting in the Clipper does that. It does require that the attribute holding that ID is called the same for both the Clippee and Clipper features. If you select one (or more) attributes there it will restrict clipping to features which have the same values for that attribute.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @michael_pieters, yes it's possible. See @redgeographics' answer :)

The "Group By" setting in the Clipper does that. It does require that the attribute holding that ID is called the same for both the Clippee and Clipper features. If you select one (or more) attributes there it will restrict clipping to features which have the same values for that attribute.

Hi @redgeographics thanks for your quick reply. For my understanding. If you have 3 clippers with ID: a, b or c. 400 clippee's with ID: a, 400 w ID: b and 400 w ID: c. Clippee's with ID: a will only be clipped with clipper ID: a?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @redgeographics thanks for your quick reply. For my understanding. If you have 3 clippers with ID: a, b or c. 400 clippee's with ID: a, 400 w ID: b and 400 w ID: c. Clippee's with ID: a will only be clipped with clipper ID: a?

That is correct. Clippees will only be clipped against clippers with the same ID.