Solved

I have NIR RGB imagery with the NIR being the first band, the RGB follow 2,3,4. I want to extract just the RGB to convert to JPG format. I cannot sort out how to extract and reorder the bands. Please help.

• 22 August 2019
  • 2 replies

When viewing in FME Data inspector it shows the bands as Band 0 (RED16), Band 1 (GREEN16), Band 2 (BLUE16), and Band 3 (UINT16) but the image in the viewer is black. I am able to view it in ArcMAP fine (although it is mainly red because ArcMAP is interpretting the NIR as the red band, the Red band as blue, and the Blue band as green.
icon

Best answer by jdh 22 August 2019, 20:21

View original

2 replies

Badge +22

If you are certain the band order is IRGB then use the rasterBandSelector to select Bands 1;2;3 and then the RasterBandKeeper to keep those bands. If the band order is RGBI, then use 0;1;2.

The jpg writer may automatically force a 3 band image to RGB, if not you will need a RasterInterpretationCoercer.

You may also want to apply as stretch to the data, as the DN for an individual satellite band generally doesn't cover the entire range of 16 bit, so it appears black. A naive stretch can be accomplished in the RasterInterpretationCoercer by changing to relevant convert options to Scale by data values, but I don't generally recommend that.

In ArcMap, there are various stretching options, the PercentClip usually gives a decent starting point.

Thanks JDH... that worked fine. The RasterInterpretationCoercer was the missing piece.