Solved

Problem to install python library on a server

• 28 June 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge

On my computer, I installed my library (pyPDF2) and my python scripts are working fine; thanks to the tutorial :

https://knowledge.safe.com/content/kbentry/841/ins...

Now I have to test my scrpits directly on a server in my workplace. I finally manage to install the library via the prompt run as administrator.

But I still have the error message :

Python Exception <ImportError>: No module named PyPDF2

Something is missing, isn't it?

icon

Best answer by slerendu 28 June 2016, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Sounds like you've either

• forgotten to install the module pyPDF2 on FME Server
  • or have installed it into a different Python interpreter than the one used by FME Server

Look at the workspace log on FME Server, there will be some references to where it expects Python to be installed, make sure you've installed your module there.

Badge

Problem solved.

Finally, I had to run the command <path to easy_install>easy_install.exe pyPDF2

Instead of the previous one.

Thanks for your help and time.

Badge

Sounds like you've either

• forgotten to install the module pyPDF2 on FME Server
  • or have installed it into a different Python interpreter than the one used by FME Server

Look at the workspace log on FME Server, there will be some references to where it expects Python to be installed, make sure you've installed your module there.

Actually, it's not on FME Server, sorry for the misunderstood. I use FME Desktop, on a server (Windows Server 2012).

But, it's the wronf interpreter indeed. When I use the command fme python ez_setup.py, it seems to use the first version of FME on its route (2011 instead of 2015).

So I went into the right repository (2015) and run :

fme.exe python <path to my file>ez_setup.py

It worked fine.

But when I run the command :

fme.exe python easy_install pyPDF2

It told me that "some packages may not be found"