Question

WFS reader fails before connection timeout is reached.

• 26 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I have a WFS reader that is failing at 5 minutes when I am attempting to read in a large number of features. The reader is set to Prefer HTTP Post if available. The connection and transfer timeouts have both been set to 7200. The error I am seeing in the log file is:

Sending HTTP 'Post' Request to {Feature WFS}, waiting for response.

Received HTTP response header: 'HTTP/1.1 100 Continue'

Received HTTP response header: 'HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable.

Is there another setting besides the timeouts that could be causing this failure at 5 minutes? We have talked to the WFS administrators and they could not find anything on their end that would cause the issue.

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi @angelam,

Is there a reason for preferring post? does the service actually support this type of request? any luck with another WFS version? does the service also reacts this way with another client?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

There is a limit to the length of url requests. A post submits a request in an xml file. We found that we were hitting the limit with some of our requests so which necessitated the switch to post. I have not tried a different WFS version. Would there be a difference in how 1.1 vs 2.0 handles this?

Badge +16

Not necessarily but with the 2.0.0 version you can use paging, if the service supports it (check the get capabilities for that)