Question

Problem with Batch Deploy after FME_TEMP cleaned

• 30 November 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

A few days ago we cleaned our FME_TEMP env variable directory as we had ~80GB files sitting there. I am now unable to use the Batch Deploy option and get the following in the log;

Starting translation...
couldn't open "{E:/Local Processing/FME_Temp/FME_1480515564385_17256}": no such file or directory
    while executing
open $superBatchFileName "w"
    invoked from within
set superBatchFile [open $superBatchFileName "w"]
    (file "C:/Users/william.allen/AppData/Local/Temp/5/fme-batch-deploy-f14892.tcl" line 14)

Purging temporary files does not make a difference - nor does creating a blank file/folder.

Do I have to change the Temp directory? Any idea how to avoid this - and keep the Temp folder size down?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

That's interesting, well surprising actually. Are you just running a previously generated batch deploy (which I could see might be a problem) or are you generating a new one? Also, where is your workspace saved? I'm assuming it is saved but is not saved in the temp directory?

If nothing in there helps then I suggest contacting our support team: safe.com/support and asking them for assistance. Be sure to send them a copy of any bat/tcl files you saved and let them know which version of FME you are using.

Badge

That's interesting, well surprising actually. Are you just running a previously generated batch deploy (which I could see might be a problem) or are you generating a new one? Also, where is your workspace saved? I'm assuming it is saved but is not saved in the temp directory?

If nothing in there helps then I suggest contacting our support team: safe.com/support and asking them for assistance. Be sure to send them a copy of any bat/tcl files you saved and let them know which version of FME you are using.

It turns out that all of our workspaces are failing to batch deploy (new and old ones) on this server. They are give a similar message.

I'll try creating a new temp directory - and will contact support if that fails!

Thanks

Badge

It turns out that the issue was the space in the directory 'Local Processing' changing the environment variable to a directory without a space fixed the problem. The issue was also effecting the Data Inspector - which would launch but wouldn't show any data.