Question

Simple Spatial join

hi experts

I am trying to do a simple spatial join or a point on line overlay . I need to pick up the line segment that the point intersects or touches . As the point is not exactly on the line , I have a tolerance setting on the Point on Line Overlay transformer . But the full line segment is not picked up and only one part is picked up as the line is split at the point . Is there a way around this or another transformer you can recommend

Thanks for your help

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

HI @reshu, the NeighborFinder might help you.

HI @reshu, the NeighborFinder might help you.

Thanks takashi

will give it a go . is there a traansformer that does a join by matching attributes and a spatial join ?

Badge +2

Hi,

FeatureMerger is the transformer for merging based on attribute

Pratap

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thanks takashi

will give it a go . is there a traansformer that does a join by matching attributes and a spatial join ?

Maybe using "Group By" parameter in a spatial transformer can resolve your question.

Badge +3

You can also use a spatial filter or relator (with tester).

Then you have spatial selection without chopping the line. As there is no tolerance setting for that you might have to use a bufferere prior to that.

A neighbourfinder is of course valid as the searchradius would be functioning as tolerance.

All these can be done in group by mode.

Featuremerging would negate any spatial tolerance btw.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You can also use a spatial filter or relator (with tester).

Then you have spatial selection without chopping the line. As there is no tolerance setting for that you might have to use a bufferere prior to that.

A neighbourfinder is of course valid as the searchradius would be functioning as tolerance.

All these can be done in group by mode.

Featuremerging would negate any spatial tolerance btw.

Yes, my first thought was a Bufferer/SpatialFilter combination. We have an example of that as an exercise in our Desktop training course

I've tried SpatialRelator. The Requestor attribute columns are present and populated, and new columns are added for the Supplier attributes, but they're all <missing>

Badge +16

I've tried SpatialRelator. The Requestor attribute columns are present and populated, and new columns are added for the Supplier attributes, but they're all <missing>

have a look at the list generated by the SpatialRelator.

The list? Sure One image shows the output table. I threw in an inset of the SpatialRelator's parameters, but I left the default values. I also tried the AreaOnAreaOverlayer but the translation seems to stall at this line.

Thanks

Badge +16

the list and its elements will show in the feature information window of the data inspector and not in the table view.