Question

reader issues with geoconcept

hello,

I use a professional licensed version of FME desktop 2019 in 32 bits. I have also instal a version of FME 64 bits (2018)

I try to open a geoconcept map to extract data.

I had install a the 7.3 version of geoconcept.

In FMe, I can choose the map I want but when I try to open the table list in the transformer parameters, I obtain a error message :

"Module 'GEOCONCEPT' is unavailable for use with this FME edition"

When I check the log, It say the library was found but could not be loaded.

I dont know how solve my issue

Can you help me?

Thanksfully

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @solange.guerin,

Just to confirm, what build of 32-bit FME 2019 are you using? I tried this using the latest version available on our Downloads Page and could access the table list using a professional edition license. Additionally, if you navigate to the 32-bit FME install directory, can you confirm that there are 16 Geoconcept items in the FME install directory by using the search function and searching "geoconcept" - this should bring up all of the .dll's .db files, etc. If there isn't, perhaps a clean install of 32-bit FME will help resolve the issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @solange.guerin,

Something to try is to install version 6 of Geoconcept as hinted by this Q&A answer by david_r (sorry it is in French, but to summarize, at that time we support up to version 6 in Geoconcept). I don't believe we are able to read version 7 files just yet. If reading version 7 files is important to you, it would be a great idea to post to our Ideas page to help inform development of your interest.