Solved

Creating a file geodaabase API

• 1 December 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge

So I am trying to read from a database and then take only the data I need and create and write to a file geodatabase. When I try the file geodatabase api writer all I have to select a .gdb file. Is it possible to just create it as well in FME so I can just tell FME to save to a certain folder where I want these GBD files at.

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 1 December 2015, 18:25

View original

3 replies

Badge +14

You can specify a File Geodatabase to write to or you can filter off features based on some attribute and then in the Navigator 'Fanout Dataset' and select a fanout attribute to redirect features to specific Geodatabases based on the attribute tag. See attached none2filegdb.fmw. Perhaps that helps.

Badge

You can specify a File Geodatabase to write to or you can filter off features based on some attribute and then in the Navigator 'Fanout Dataset' and select a fanout attribute to redirect features to specific Geodatabases based on the attribute tag. See attached none2filegdb.fmw. Perhaps that helps.

I am looking at it, so I have my FME workbench set to do all the processing of the data and get rid of what I dont want. But when I use the File Geodatabase API writer it keeps asking me to find a .gdb file to save to. Is their a way to just send it to a folder called Info and let the writer create .gdb? I guess that is what I am asking.

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

In the writer you can type the name of the File geodatabase. If it does not exist FME will create it.