Solved

How to write all points to a multipoint feature class, even if there is a single point

• 6 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have a multipoint feature class in an Enterprise Geodatabase that I need to copy over to a File Geodatabase. The problem is that not every feature in the feature class has multiple points. Only ~2% of the features have multiple points, but it is critical I retain the option to have multiple points. The problem is that the FME File Geodatabase writer will only copy over just those features that are represented by multiple points (selecting multipoint as the geometry) or just those features that are represented by a single point (selecting point as the geometry). How do I get FME to accept all of the points as potential multipoints and write everything in the File geodatabase?

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 6 September 2017, 19:40

View original

5 replies

Badge +10

Turn your points into multipoints, see here

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/47959/convert-one-point-into-multipoint.html

Badge

Thanks @egomm. I have spent several hours searching the knowledge center but this post never came up. That said, I'm afraid it doesn't work. It does turn the points into multipoints, and will write all of them to a multipoint feature class, but it now ignores the points that originally and still have multipoint geometry.

Badge +10

Thanks @egomm. I have spent several hours searching the knowledge center but this post never came up. That said, I'm afraid it doesn't work. It does turn the points into multipoints, and will write all of them to a multipoint feature class, but it now ignores the points that originally and still have multipoint geometry.

Is there any message in the log file?

e.g. something like FileGDB Writer: Failed to write Geometry to feature class

Badge +10
Is there any message in the log file?

e.g. something like FileGDB Writer: Failed to write Geometry to feature class

Are you aggregating the original multipoints? If so use an aggregatefilter to only aggregate points that are not aggregates already

Badge
Are you aggregating the original multipoints? If so use an aggregatefilter to only aggregate points that are not aggregates already

Oh boy, do I feel silly. That was it! Thank you