Solved

FME Server APP job summary

• 11 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have created a bunch of FME server Apps (FME 2019), and they're highly appreciated. Easy to use and to understand. When used with the right input data it's just fenomenal.

However, when something goes wrong (usually faulty indata) there isn't much information about what went wrong. It just says FAILURE.

In cases that yielded zero output features. It just says COMPLETED (and does not present the results because there are none).

Is it possible (of course it is) to get somewhat a somewhat more verbose response? How do I do it? Is it a notification service? Where do I start? I am at a complete loss.

(It was 2 years ago I went to the FME server course and the memory seems to be of non stick material)

I just want the server app to respond with something at the app running page.

Please save me!

icon

Best answer by david_r 11 September 2019, 16:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

How about creating a published parameter where the user can specify an email address. Then you can send an email after the translation with a small summary.

You will probably want to capture all the <Rejected> ports and create a more user-friendly message based on which transformer the failure occurred in.

Rather than using regular readers/writers I would recommend that you use FeatureReaders / FeatureWriters, which are easier to handle any errors on.

Badge

How about creating a published parameter where the user can specify an email address. Then you can send an email after the translation with a small summary.

You will probably want to capture all the <Rejected> ports and create a more user-friendly message based on which transformer the failure occurred in.

Rather than using regular readers/writers I would recommend that you use FeatureReaders / FeatureWriters, which are easier to handle any errors on.

Ah. Hadn't thought of that. Should walk the streets of Kings Landing shouting "shame" now?

Is it not possible to post information to the app page, together with the data download-link?

It would, of course, work just fine with email but I'm very stubborn and haven't had much coffee today so I'm afraid that is out of the question...

(thanks for the swift reply :-) )