Question

Deaggregating lines runs out of memory

• 12 June 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge
I have a data set of hightcurves that I have tried to clip against an area data set. It woks when the Create aggregates option is "Yes". If I use "No" as I need to deaggregate the lines it runs out of memory. The same happens if I trie to deaggregate using the Deaggregator. I could handle this task in 1 minute using QGis so it should not be a very consuming task. Anyone else had problems deaggregating using FME? I have more than enough memory! 

2013-06-12 09:05:57| 254.9| 0.3|FATAL |Insufficient memory available -- error code was 2 - please read the FME Help section 'Adjusting Memory Resources' for workarounds.

2013-06-12 09:05:57| 254.9| 0.0|WARN |Warning: not all FMESessions that were created were destroyed before shutdown. This may cause instability

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Jan,

I would look into the suggested help section, since it doenst always mean that you need lots of memory, the location of the FME TEMP can also be of importance.

Itay
Badge
I have tried but it doesn't help. 
Hi Jan,

if you have enough RAM for other processes you could experiment with a variable that gives the FME more RAM. Depending on you operating system the FME process (when you use FME 32 bit Version) is given 2 GB (32 bit) or 4 GB (64 bit). By default the FME uses more or less 50 percent of the RAM per process. Here is a link to increase this:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/fmetalk/YlOXBKDhgZ4

But be careful with the setting, if you give FME more RAM other processes or your operating system could get into trouble.

Best regards,

Stefan
Badge
Hi,

Can you tell us more on what transformers are following your Deaggregator?

Maybe there is a blocking transformer following the Deaggregator using a lot of memory and this is the cause of the memory error?

Larry