Question

How to join line segment and arc?

• 22 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have an issue when using the linejoiner. I would like to merge lineear features, some of them are arc while other are segment line.

I first use ArcStoker to transform all the arc features in to segment lines and then I use LineJoiner to combine the features..

It appears that the transformation with ArcStroker is creating a shift between the start/end point of consecutive features lines. Because of that it is not possible to merge the original arc features with the line segment features.

Does anyone has an idea on how to overcome this issue?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

You could try a snapper prior to the linecombiner

Badge +2

@arthy The LineCombiner (new name for the LineJoiner) can preserve the arcs if you set the Advanced Parameter: Preserve Lines as Path Segments = Yes.

Most FME writers will stroke the Arc in the path if the format does not support arcs - like shape. I've attached an example workspace (2018.1): linecombiner.fmw

If you do need to stroke the arcs, then you probably have to use Snapper or Anchor Snapper @egomm suggests. AnchorSnapper will allow you to snap the arcs to the lines (or vise versa) giving you a little more control.