Solved

How to tell the Esri writer to only update attributes and not geometry

• 19 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am using Update write to do updates to a version in esri geodatabase and wonder how to I tell the writer to only update attributes and not geometry. Has anyone done something similar? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 20 September 2017, 00:30

View original

5 replies

Badge

If you use the UpdateDetector transformer, you can specify whether or not to match geometry - just set Match Geometry to "None".

Badge +11
To confirm dnguye1 doesn't want to update the existing geometry in the geodatabase table... just the attributes. He's also not able to use the underlying database's format (for ex. Oracle) to do the update due to IT restrictions. Can the Geodatabase SDE Writer only pass non spatial attributes and only affect the non spatial attributes when doing an update?

Badge

If you use the UpdateDetector transformer, you can specify whether or not to match geometry - just set Match Geometry to "None".

Courtney, thanks for your responses. However, what I am looking for is a way to tell the Update writer not to update geometry from a coming stream of data that has attributes and geometry. UpdateDetector does the comparison only I believe.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @dnguye1, can you try removing the geometry with the GeometryRemover prior to write?

Badge

Hi @dnguye1, can you try removing the geometry with the GeometryRemover prior to write?

Thanks Tia. GeometryRemover works perfectly in this case!