Question

changed server domain and fme no longer functions

• 25 September 2014
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Hi Everyone,

I have a serious issue which was cause by changing the Active Directory domain that our FME server lives on.

Firstly I couldn't browse to the  fmeserver web interface from my local machine. If I logged onto the server then i was able to browse to the web interface and manage it and access it from my fme desktop application.

I looked at the services and noticed that apache tomcat was not running and so I thought starting the service might fix the problem. I did that and now I cannot browse to the fmeserver web interface at all. Additionally my fme desktop cannot connect to it now either. I stopped the tomcat service but that did not fix the problem.

I now want to check what tomcat is doing exactly so I opened the tomcat doco to set up the web manager interface and the simple steps in the first two paragraphs do not allow me to access the management console.

Is there any doco or suggestions to a resolution that someone can propose?

Environment Info:

- Windows Server 2008 R2

- FME server 2014 SP2 build 14339 - win32

3 replies

Badge
update - I noticed that when I stop the tomcat service then it will stop the fme server application sever service with it. This is what was causing my issue with browsing to the application on the server. Still require help with the issue where I cannot browse to it on any computer which is not the server.
Badge
Tomcat is now running with FME being browsable on the server.

Also to be more specific the error i get in my web browser is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and it suggests I diagnose the connection problem. It's as if port 8080 isn't listened on however I can specify port 8080 on my web server and it browses to it fine.
Badge
my bad, fellow FME friends. Turns out that if add my own custom rules to the firewall to allow any traffic through port 8080 then everything works fine....I'm usure why a domain change would break this sort of thing. Any ideas? Shouldn't there be a rule set in there by FME for windows firewall?