Solved

Trigger emails from a list of senders

• 28 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is there any way to configure automations or publications such that a workspace can be triggered via email from one of several senders? Both publications and automations can filter by email subject, and the Filter action in automations can then filter emails based on one sender, but there appears to be no way to filter based on a list of senders ("from either Person A or Person B"). Is this in fact the case?

Details, if they help: we'd like to enable a certain work group of five people to be able to trigger a specific workspace via email. While they can and will also use a specific subject line, I'd like to be able to ensure that no one outside the work group can trigger that same workspace even if they know the "key" subject line.

Is there a way to achieve this, short of using five separate Filter actions per automation? Which appears work, but isn't very elegant, and will get hard to maintain as/if a given work group develops more workspaces. It also doesn't allow us to get any feedback if a non-approved address sends a trigger email, because 4/5 of those filters are going to fail regardless.

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 28 August 2019, 21:54

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @mtaftferguson,

The Filter action in FME is currently running a workspace (Repositories>Tools>FilterMessage.fmw) that runs a Tester with the operation 'contains'. I would recommend:

a) downloading and modifying this workspace and change the operation to Contains Regex. This should now allow you to set the Contains String value to regex as well as plain text so you will be able to use | as OR to set all 5 emails in a single Filter node.

OR

b) Skip the Filter and create a test at the beginning of your own workspace sending the result to a Terminator if it was not triggered by one of the accepted users.

Badge

Hi @mtaftferguson,

The Filter action in FME is currently running a workspace (Repositories>Tools>FilterMessage.fmw) that runs a Tester with the operation 'contains'. I would recommend:

a) downloading and modifying this workspace and change the operation to Contains Regex. This should now allow you to set the Contains String value to regex as well as plain text so you will be able to use | as OR to set all 5 emails in a single Filter node.

OR

b) Skip the Filter and create a test at the beginning of your own workspace sending the result to a Terminator if it was not triggered by one of the accepted users.

Thank you very much! I will try modifying the Filter workspace, since we'll definitely want this functionality in other automations too.