Question

Vertexes of Clipper line

• 15 October 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hello everyone

I have 3d lines of similar height, clipped in 2d by a line with another z-coordinate. I need to put vertexes at the intersection of the lines but on the Clipper line.

I would be grateful for your susuggestions.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I'm not aware of a standard solution. I think what I did was to check which vertices were created by the clip action and add those to the original clipper. Chopper, Counter, Matcher, CoordinateExtractor, FeatureMerger, PointConnector. Let me know if you need more guidance.

Edit: added FME 2018 poc workspace: clippertoclippedinside2018.fmw

Badge

I'm not aware of a standard solution. I think what I did was to check which vertices were created by the clip action and add those to the original clipper. Chopper, Counter, Matcher, CoordinateExtractor, FeatureMerger, PointConnector. Let me know if you need more guidance.

Edit: added FME 2018 poc workspace: clippertoclippedinside2018.fmw

it looks really interesting but not sure for my data. Take a look:

I only need to create points (red dots) at the intersection of lines but on the Clipper line

Userlevel 6
Badge +32
it looks really interesting but not sure for my data. Take a look:

I only need to create points (red dots) at the intersection of lines but on the Clipper line

It does exactly that. The dark feature is the clipper, the blue feature is the clippee.
Badge +3

@tramm

the lines don't intersect in 3D, looks like.

Clipped in 2D projection?

Create plane trough clippers (with large enough bounds) and extend (far enough) clippee's.

(easier would be to do it using math)

post a piece sample data?

Badge

@tramm

the lines don't intersect in 3D, looks like.

Clipped in 2D projection?

Create plane trough clippers (with large enough bounds) and extend (far enough) clippee's.

(easier would be to do it using math)

post a piece sample data?

there's a sample:

clippee.dgn

clipper.dgn