Question

ESRI Polygon to Smallworld ACP Error

• 27 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello all! I am trying to import either a shape file, or a feature class polygon into Smallworld. It seems that I keep running into a geometry_acp error. Has anyone ran into this before or have any advice? I can't seem to get any other information from FME on what exactly is going on. I am using a GeometryValidator transformer but that doesn't seem to affect my results in anyway either. Any help is appreciated!

2 replies

Badge +2

@chuck24 If you are using the GE Smallworld writer, you'll probably have to approach GE support through your Support Central account, or equivalent. Safe does not develop the Smallworld reader and writer and my guess is that this issue will be in the writer, not the core FME. GE Smallworld could well have a patch that addresses this issue. If you approach GE try and include:

- version of Smallworld

- version of FME

- full log FME file showing the error.

- if available any magik error in the Sworld command window

- small example dataset (as an FFS) and a workspace that seems to reproduce the error

Geometry errors are often a result of a mismatch between the FME coordinate system and the Sworld coordinate system. This depends on the version of Smallworld, in some cases the application coordinate system is used (feet, meters) and in some cases (Sworld 5) the world coordinates are used (in, cm, mm).

@MarkatSafe, Thanks for the information. I did ensure my projection was the same in both the target and source systems.

I believe your guess is correct in that its the writer though. I did find a work around which was a bit tedious and time consuming, but got me where I needed in the end. I found 300 records were being written at once, then for whatever reason the acp_error would throw. So I just did increment loads leveraging the "Start Feature" parameter in the Reader.

I will reach out to GE to see if they have a better writer than what I am using...

Thanks!