Question

MITAB to DWG text sizing issue

• 2 December 2013
  • 3 replies

I am having an issue with a specific MapInfo TAB file that when I put it through it's different attribute and geometry filters, it is outputting the wrong size text. The last transformer the file is going through is a DWGStyler where I have a specified height.

The strange part that is confusing me with all of this is that the single line text is outputting the correct specified height I have in the DWGStyler, but any multiline text is being outputted as a combined text height. For example I have the height set to be 0.4. The single line text displays as 0.4, a two-line multiline text displays each line with a height of 0.2 thus adding up to the specified 0.4. This to is the same if it three lines of text where it displays as 0.13 for each line.

I have tried toggleing the Text Entity Type from multi-Text to Text with the same outcome.

Any suggestions would be great. I am more Autodesk than FME.

I have AutoCAD Map3D 2014 and am aware that I can import these MapInfo files, but the data I am working with is statewide over seven states. Just too much for CAD. Plus this FME Workbench is ran off a remote computer.

I am using FME Workbench 2013, build 13545.

Thanks in advance

Adam

3 replies

Badge +1

Did you find a solution?

Badge +20

I don't know what options you have in FME 2013 but in newer builds if you set Text Entity Type in the DWGStyler to Multi-Text the output is correct.

As a workaround, you can use AttributeManager to create an autocad_entity attribute and set that to autocad_multi_text, autocad_text_size and autocad_mtext_size attributes to your desired value.

Let us know it that works

Badge +1

Alright... what now works for me:

Setting the attribute autocad_mtext_text_height to the desired size. The DWGStlyer doesn't work for Multi-text. If it works for you (@caracadrian​ ) please send me a sample workspace!

So, thanks a lot for the hint! 🙏