Question

Multiple Geometry SAP Hana

• 6 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I have to insert some data from an ArcSDE GeoDatabase to a SAP Hana database.

The next step should be to add a second Geometry columns with another geometry that will contain a reprojection of the current geometry.

Don't ask me why they want that.

Here my ID Was to insert the "normal" data, then reproject and update the table with a new name but I don't have the possibility to give another name.

First of all is it possible to do that in SAP Hana ? I'm not SAP Developer so it's not my business ...

Thank's for your help.

1 reply

Hi @stephanemarly, sorry for the delayed response. I've reached out to my colleagues and they created a sample workspace showing a possible workflow to accomplish it. Please see attached.

The GeometryPropertySetter was used to set the name and coordinate systems (as a trait) for both original and reprojected geometry. Then the two geometries were combined with an Aggregator and the MultipleGeometrySetter was used to indicate it contained multiple geometries. Then you can write them to the database by specifying the geometry column names in the writer (geom1 and reprojected, in this example). There are red arrows showing in front of geom1 and reprojected in the write, meaning they are not connected to anything in the canvas, which are fine. Hope this helps!

multi_geom_writing_SAPHana.fmw