Question

FME Server 2018 - Microsoft SQL Server - Provider error `(21) Encryption not supported on the client

Badge +4

Has anybody seen this error before on FME Sever, any thoughts ?

FME Server 2018 - Microsoft SQL Server - Provider error `(21) Encryption not supported on the client

4 replies

Badge +9

Hello @mferwerda3,

I think it would be helpful to have a few more details. Where are you seeing this error on FME Server? Do you have a screenshot? Is this a new install?

Thanks!

Badge +4

Hi,

I got the IT folks to do some testing, and the issue occurs with the ms sql server client, without any interaction with FME, so it is a problem with our configuration, probably a m-s configuration of TLS someplace

Badge +11

Hi,

I got the IT folks to do some testing, and the issue occurs with the ms sql server client, without any interaction with FME, so it is a problem with our configuration, probably a m-s configuration of TLS someplace

Thanks for giving us an update. I wanted to confirm this was the FME Server System Database you were attempting to configure? As you have discovered I doubt this supports encryption out of the box but it does raise a good point... can it support encryption? I don't have an answer to that at the moment.

Badge +4

It was not a FME server database, as in the core host DB that manages job history, fmw registration, etc, it is just a MS-SQL Server DB we are trying to write to using the MSSQL_ADO writer, the JDBC writer does work.