Question

Using Matcher to Remove Duplicate Objects with One Twist...

• 26 September 2013
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have built a workspace to open up a .TAB file and am using the "Matcher" transformer to handle reading the data and eliminating duplicates.  However, the issue I am having is that my .TAB file data has one column in the schema that applies a "BufferSize".

The "BufferSize" can be different even though the geometry of the object is the same. And, if that is the case, I do not want to remove that object from the final result set. Below is my workspace screen shot:

I tried entering the "BufferSize" field in the "Attributes Must Differ" input box; however, when I do that, I end up getting all of the objects and no duplicates are removed.

I feel that I am on the right track but I was hoping someone might be able to get me over the last hurdle?  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26
With the 'Match Selected Attributes' selected, you would choose all attributes except the "buffersize" in the Selected Attributes parameter.  Conversely, if you had 'Match All Except Selected Attributes', you would have only the "buffersize" selected in the Selected Attributes parameter.

I am still stuck it seems because my data rows all have a few unique fields (due to other processing done) Therefore, I may have a duplicate geometry of the object; however, I have 3 or 4 attributes that are different.

I have tried add those field attributes in as exceptions; however, I have no luck in getting the correct results.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Thank you for your help. I think it would have worked fine if I just had one attribute that was potentially different in the dataset.