Question

Why am I getting the error : Unable to load a library in the folder: C:\\Program Files\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\bin. The error number returned from GetLastError is: 127?

• 8 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Why am I getting the above error on my system?

7 replies

Badge +1

The above error can be caused by installing a newer version of ArcGIS, but without uninstalling the previous version's background geoprocessing. When installing a newer version of ArcGIS please ensure that when you uninstall the previous version, you also uninstall background geoprocessing. Installing the matching version of background geoprocessing for your new ArcGIS installation should resolve the issue.

The above error can be caused by installing a newer version of ArcGIS, but without uninstalling the previous version's background geoprocessing. When installing a newer version of ArcGIS please ensure that when you uninstall the previous version, you also uninstall background geoprocessing. Installing the matching version of background geoprocessing for your new ArcGIS installation should resolve the issue.

Very helpful, thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Thanks for documenting this!

I've also seen this error a few times recently when my network connection had dropped and as such FME could not connect to the ArcGIS licence server.

Badge +8
This issue also happens when updating ArcGIS desktop software, without updating to current ArcGIS License Manager. For example, I upgraded ArcMap to 10.7.1 and ArcPro to 2.4; went to use workspace built with previous Esri version and resulted in GetLastError is: 127. I launched ArcAdmin and was given suggestion to update License Manager to 2019. The result of upgrading License Manager resolved issue on FME Desktop. Cheers! -Alex

Thank you Annabelle! I tried re-installing FME and ArcGIS before finally coming here, and this was exactly my issue. When I upgraded ArcGIS last week I forgot to upgrade Background GP. All is working now!

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

> FME2021 they introduced a license compatibility options in the Navigator > Workspace parameters > Translation. LicenseSelection