Question

UKGEMINI2 metadata validation

• 15 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi FME'ers,

I would like to build a workspace to generate and validate UK GEMINI 2.2 metadata. I can generate the xml using a template and updating the required elements from the feature. Validating it however is where I am stuck. The xml is validated using two ISO19139 schemas and the GEMINI schematron. These are available on github here:

ISO 19139 XSD Schema (EDEN 2009-03-16)

ISO 19139 Table A.1 Constraints Schematron (Medin/Parslow 1.4)

GEMINI 2.1 Schematron 1.3

I am pretty new to xml schemas and schematrons. I think a series of XMLValidators would do the trick but I don't know how to configure them.

Has anyone is FME Land accomplished this before?

Many thanks,

David McDermott

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I haven't been able to do a thorough search but there could be online webservices to validate the XML you have created.

You could perform the validation with a POST request (HttpRequest transformer), which would be a lot simpler than the series of XMLValidators.

This page has a "Web service", although I haven't found yet the call you have to make to validate the XML: http://metacheck.nerc-lancaster.ac.uk/validator

Badge

I haven't been able to do a thorough search but there could be online webservices to validate the XML you have created.

You could perform the validation with a POST request (HttpRequest transformer), which would be a lot simpler than the series of XMLValidators.

This page has a "Web service", although I haven't found yet the call you have to make to validate the XML: http://metacheck.nerc-lancaster.ac.uk/validator

Hi @oscard. Thank you for your response. I had seen this web service and used it to manually validate a few sample xml documents. My preference would be to keep as much of the process within FME as possible so we have more control over where the data goes. If it cannot be done the this would be the next best thing.

As well as solving my specific use case It would be useful to know if FME can use schematron to validate XML data.