Question

Databaseconnections API

• 10 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +16
  • Contributor
  • 1425 replies

Hi all,

According to the FME Server REST API documetnation the Databaseconnections API can be used to query a list of database connections and (hopefully) their parameters (data model values).

In the REST API end point page I cannot find any end point that returns information on the database connections, is the Databaseconnections API one of those hidden end point? does anybody have any experience with this end point and can tell me if all the database connection model values are returned from it?

Cheers,

Itay

4 replies

Badge +10

Hi @itay

Unfortunately we don't have any public endpoints for the database connections. We do have some unexposed end points, but our API changes frequently so we have not developed it into a robust API. If you have a use case for this I would be happy to champion a change, additionally if you can point me to where in our documentation you found that Databaseconnections API can be used to query a list of database connections that be very helpful, as we want to make sure we have consistent information.

Thanks,

Richard

Badge +16

Hi @itay

Unfortunately we don't have any public endpoints for the database connections. We do have some unexposed end points, but our API changes frequently so we have not developed it into a robust API. If you have a use case for this I would be happy to champion a change, additionally if you can point me to where in our documentation you found that Databaseconnections API can be used to query a list of database connections that be very helpful, as we want to make sure we have consistent information.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi @richardatsafe,

Thanks for answering, the FME Server API documentation states that user can "... use the databaseconnections API to query a list of database connections"

I don't have a real life case for it, at the moment, but it would be useful to have a REST endpoint to get that information.

Cheers,

Itay

Badge +5

Hi @richardatsafe

Use case:

A development environment has a database connection defined in a project. migrating that project to another server (QA/Production environment) will override the configuration of the connection.

Modify the properties of the connection is required then.

The modification of the connection can bemade using the Web interface, but to automate it, API access could be desirable.

Hi @richardatsafe,

Another use case:

We are looking for a system to allow us to automatically refresh database credentials. An API here would enable an automatic process where new passwords are generated automatically and no person is required to look at them.