Solved

Trigger FME workspace when ArcSDE is edited by separate system

• 7 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a feature class stored in an ArcSDE database which is edited by a couple of users via a web application. I want to push this information to a separate postGIS database. It’s important that the new/edited/deleted objects are pushed to the postGIS as quick as possible.

So, I’m wondering if it’s possible to do this via FME Server? Are there any features/tools for “listening” to a database, and execute a small workspace each time the database is edited (or something similar)?

icon

Best answer by itay 7 September 2016, 12:16

View original

2 replies

Badge +16

Hi,

Maybe this serie of articles can help.

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/806/push-data-out-of-databases-to-fme-server-in-real-t.html

Badge +11
Yes... the quickest way would be to use a trigger as indicated by the article Itay has shared. You could have a separate table in the same database that stores any updates history. When an update occurs the trigger fires... pushing to the FME Server and to this history table.

As a backup it might make sense for a schedule task that runs in the evening to check that the history table updates were all processed and change a flag in the history table. This would at least catch those times when a network hiccup occurs.