Solved

Concatenating attributes of duplicate geometries - Without being multipart

• 25 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I've been having some severe difficulties (and google has proven fruitless) in something I'm trying to achieve.

So in a nutshell, I have a point layer, and in this point layer, SOME of them are duplicates, geometrically. However, these duplicates can have different attribute values. For example, two points may be geometrically on the exact same location, but they have a field called "color", where one is attributed as "Yellow" and the other "Red".

What I need for these cases, is to have the point merged into a singular point, but have the attributes concatenated so that it will end up being one point, saying "Color: Yellow; Red".

Aggregator seems to kind of do this, but the problem is that my output needs to be Shape file, which does not support mulitpart geometries, and for the life of me, hours of googling have not given any answers as to an elegant way (at least as far as my competence goes) to "flatten" my aggregated results into single points, merely containing info from both original points.

I'm also already using a Matcher to at least identify the points that are duplicate, but after that and the aggregator, I'm lost.

Any wisdom to share?

Cheers,

icon

Best answer by takashi 26 April 2018, 00:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @robbie_botha, I think a combination of the Matcher (enabled Generate List option) and the ListConcatenator connected to the SingleMatched port would work as expected.

Badge

You are truly the master takashi! :)

Works like a charm. Thank you so much!

Best regards,