Question

FME Server - Writing to a Oracle connection, no issue reading

• 11 March 2019
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi, I have a oracle database connection on the FME Server, the fme script runs fine from FME server if the connection is used for reading but when I try to write to it, it does not work. From SQL plus on FME server do not have any problem reading or writing. See the error log below:

What could be the problem here?

Thanks,

Vijay

Using Oracle Writer to write tables to database `', server type `ORACLE8I', server name `TAMSPROD.WORLD', user name `GEOMEDIA', password `***'Oracle Writer: Starting at transaction 0 with a transaction interval of 1000Loaded module 'OCI' from file 'OCI.dll'Unable to connect to Oracle database, because the database environment could not be initialized.Unable to connect to Oracle database, because the database environment could not be initialized.Destination Feature Type Routing Correlator(RoutingFactory): Unable to connect to Oracle database, because the database environment could not be initialized.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Feature output statistics for `ORACLE_NONSPATIAL' writer using keyword `ORACLE_NONSPATIAL_1':=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Features Written=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-GEOMEDIA.A (GEOMEDIA.A) 1==============================================================================Total Features Written 1=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Oracle Writer: Abnormal channel cleanup required, likely due to previous errorUnable to connect to Oracle database, because the database environment could not be initialized.Translation FAILED with 4 error(s) and 1 warning(s) (1 feature(s) output)

1 reply

Badge +1

Just to add more information - Oracle client on FME Server is Release 10.2.0.1.0, the database is 11g.

The same fme script works through FME Workbench from my own machine with 11g client.

The script is created in FME 2018.1.1.1 (Win32), the FME Server version is 2018.0.1 (build 18310) - 32 bit