Solved

Read file-gdb on google drive

Badge +2

Wonder if there is a direct way to use a reader or feature reader to read a zipped up fgdb stored on google drive. One options is to use google drive connector to download the fgdb to the local drive. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by takashi 2 July 2018, 15:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @bo, I think there is no way to directly read a dataset saved in any cloud storage service such as Google Drive. As you mentioned, download the dataset into local disk with the GoogleDriveConnector and then read it with the FeatureReader.

Badge +2

Hi @bo, I think there is no way to directly read a dataset saved in any cloud storage service such as Google Drive. As you mentioned, download the dataset into local disk with the GoogleDriveConnector and then read it with the FeatureReader.

Thank you, @takashi! Somehow, I ran into an issue of downloading the zip file using GoogleDriveConnector. Here are the configuration setting and the log file. I appreciate you taking a look at this and advise.

googledriveconnector.txt

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @bo, I think there is no way to directly read a dataset saved in any cloud storage service such as Google Drive. As you mentioned, download the dataset into local disk with the GoogleDriveConnector and then read it with the FeatureReader.

I cannot find any wrong thing in your parameters setting. However, FME logged this warning.

WARN  |GoogleDriveConnector: Download of file "AZ_Centroids.gdb.zip" has failed.  Ensure Object ID is associated with a file and not a folder
The message seems to indicate that "AZ_Centroids.gdb.zip" may be a folder. Firstly check if "AZ_Centroids.gdb.zip" is actually a zip file.

Badge +2

@takashi, the file is a gdb in the zip format. I also tried another .fmw file, the error msg was the same.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @bo, You may not have privilege to write a file into the /home directory. Try downloading the file into a folder under the /Users/<username>.

Badge +2

Hi @bo, You may not have privilege to write a file into the /home directory. Try downloading the file into a folder under the /Users/<username>.

Yes, it worked after I changed to the "/home/guob/Downloads" folder. Thanks!