Solved

Change the width or appearence of lines in the Inspector

• 1 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge

Dear FME community,

is there a way to change the line width in the Inspector? I assume that there isn't currently such function, because it was suggested here as well:

https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/28191/inspector-transformer-parameters-for-line-width-an.html

However, perhaps somebody has an idea how to "style" the lines in the workbench, so that they are displayed differently in the inspector. I want to change for example the line width and the appearence, e.g. to have continious or dotted lines. There is for example the MapInfoStyler which we use for MapInfo data sets, but the style is only displayed in MapInfo itself, not in the FME Inspector. Our purpose is the distinguish the original lines of the former dataset and the transformed lines, which are displayed on top of each other in the Inspector. The only way I know is to buffer them, to make the one data set wider, but then they are no longer lines which is not suitable for us.

Perhaps somebody has an idea of how we can reasonably display two more or more rather identical line data sets in the Inspector.

Many thanks and kind regards

Thomas

icon

Best answer by itay 1 August 2016, 10:33

View original

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi,

I dont think you can directly do that in workbench, the Inspector transformer will only let you adjust the color. It is in the Data Inspector where you have more styling options (width and opacity) but they are temporary.

Badge

Hi @itay, can you show me where I can find the option to change the line width in the Data Inspector? Somehow I haven't found it. If it's only temporary that's no problem, it should be just for visualisation purposes.

Badge +16

Sure, that is if you are using 2016 :) just double click on the square next to the layer in the Data Inspector and a pop up window (Geometry Drawing Styles) will appear.

Documentation link:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_DataInspector/DataInspector/Interface_Images/Display_Control_Window.htm

Badge

fme_color parameter can be set to a color you desire. It needs an RGB color value, Blue = 0,0.333333,1. Use Attribute Creator or Attribute manager to set fme_color attribute, fme_fill_color is also available.

Take it to the next level by creating a spreadsheet that contains a field you can join with, like a subtype. create and populate columns for fme_color and fme_fill_color. have the workbench join the values to the features by subtype.