Question

It is possible to import the different auto_layer names at once into the AttributeFilter?

• 24 January 2014
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

The problem is that I have often AutoCAD files where I need only the content of certain Layer.

When you open the AttributeFilter you see the list of the Possibe Attribute Values.

And you see the Import Button.

when you click this button

1. Step:  Select Source DataSet (select the required dwg)

2 Step:.Select Feature Types --> here are the different Layer from the autocad file (autocad_layer) listed. This is what i want,  but you cant import them

3. Step: Select Attributes. here you can select the normal attributes and format attributes. For Example autocad_linetype.  

Are there any other Transformers who coud do this? Or is it possible to transform the feature types (autocad_layer) into attributes?

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Have you tried importing the fme_feature_type (= autocad_layer) attribute?
fme_feature_type is not listed at Step 3. There are onyl the Autocad Format attributes but not the FME attributes.
Hi Galama,

you can give the FeatureTypeFilter a try. Here you can use the 'Update' button to import the layer names. In my case from time to time a have to manually type in some layer names, but the filtering works...

Best regards,

Stefan
The FeatureTypeFilter only imports one Layer. And it is not the first layer. It is incomprehensible how this layer was selected. My layers begin with a three-digit number. Therefore, the layer is in fourth place.
But when you type in the layer manally... that should work...
Yes Stefan i know. But this is what i want to prevent. I do not want to write 20 Layer by hand.
Badge +3
can u not use a schemareader to do that?
What ist the Schemareader? Didn´t found it.

Do you mean the SchemaMapper?

AFAIK this doesn´t work.  At the wizard you can´t select a dwg/dxf. And the selection (Schema (Any Format)) also doesn´t work.