Question

xmltemplater error

Badge
So I have an extremely simple xml templater that I am trying to use as the ROOT in an xml fragment workspace. Probelm is, the workbench errors out processing the ROOT but the error message doesnt make sense. I have a Creator creating 1 feature that goes into an XMLTemplater with an expression "<message:hasMember></message:hasMember>" that then goes into an XMLFragment writer. Like I said.....very simple. Now here is the error below. I only have two lines so how is it erroring out on line 37?

FME API version of module 'XMLTemplaterFactory' matches current internal version (3.7 20141021)XMLTemplater_3(XMLTemplaterFactory): The following error occurred near line 37, column 50 of the query:

XMLTemplater_3(XMLTemplaterFactory): invalid expression: syntax error, unexpected "{", expecting "external" or ":="

XMLTemplater_3(XMLTemplaterFactory): An error occurred while parsing the ROOT template

XMLTemplater_3(XMLTemplaterFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Closing the Geodatabase reader

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

5 replies

Badge
FME 2015.0 b15252 win 32
Badge
Update: So if I remove the geodatabase writer (file ArcObjects) from the workspace it seems to be working if i simplify the message. The funny thing is that the geodb writer is not connected to anything....the feature is just sitting all by itself
Badge
I'm having the same problem with the FMEServerEmailGenerator. It works fine if you use a Creator but as soon as you add a reader (Oracle in this case) it fails with the invalid expression error. I've done the same as you in that the reader is not even connected to the transformers. It is simply in the workspace.

Did you get a resolution to this in the end? Is it a bug?

Cheers,

Paul
Badge
No, I was not able to figure this out. I was trying some other things using python instead but havent had a chance to get back to this.
Badge +9

Hi @sean,

I've been working with a client in another thread and we discovered the cause of this issue. This was an problem present in the FME 2015.0 release and has since been fixed with 2015.1+. The problem was tied to how the JSONTemplater populates the root document with parameters from each reader and one of these parameters was causing this error message to occur. Sorry for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused.