Solved

Convert PDF to image file (jpg, png, tiff)

• 13 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a collection of as built drawings stored as PDF’s and wanted to automate the creation of image files being used as thumbnails in a web application. I was wondering if anyone has done this before. I am currently using the Workbench 2018 PDF reader and attempting to rasterize using either ImageRasterizer or MapnikRasterizer.

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 13 June 2018, 23:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @lopes8

You can enable Read Rasterized Page parameter (Non-Spatial section) of the PDF reader parameters dialog which will render an image of each page and produce it as a raster feature (documentation here). You should be able to skip the ImageRasterizer or MapnikRasterizer if you use this parameter.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

Hi @lopes8

You can enable Read Rasterized Page parameter (Non-Spatial section) of the PDF reader parameters dialog which will render an image of each page and produce it as a raster feature (documentation here). You should be able to skip the ImageRasterizer or MapnikRasterizer if you use this parameter.

I hope this helps.

Hi @DebbiAtSafe

Thanks so much, this did the trick!
Badge +11

I was following the instructions above, Thanks to Chis at Safe identifying my missing step

Badge +5

Hello,

I continue to have trouble converting PDFs to JPGs!  I have followed the instruction above but still get error on the writer.

JPEG writer: This format cannot support more than 3 bands.  Please remove the extra bands and try again
JPEG writer: An error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

How do I find out the number of Bands as they pertain to ImageRasterizer’s Raster Properties Number of Columns and Number of Rows??  Or is there another way??

Thx

Brian