Question

Dxf and dwg file throws an error

• 22 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a set of imagery footprints saved as both a dxf and a dwg. I can load the files into FME Desktop fine but whenever I try to inspect or do any manipulation on the files I get the following error messages.

AutoCAD Reader: An error occurred for dataset 'T:\\*************.Footprints_v2.dwg', in function AutoCAD2004Reader::buildPolyFaceMesh. Exception thrown: 'Invalid index' (Invalid index)

AutoCAD Reader: Unsupported 3D raster feature. Skipping entity

I've never worked with dxf or dwg before but I have worked with dgn. Any ideas?

2 replies

Badge +2
Hi @kyle_d_wade,

There are a number of different AutoCAD readers so it would be worth trying to read it in using a different one - try using the REALDWG or 3D MAP one.

The other comment I have found on this error is that the problem with AutoCAD DWG files is that the entire file must be read into memory before it can be processed, is it possible your machine is running out of memory?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Just to follow up on Holly's suggestions, please don't hesitate to send us an example in to support@safe.com I think the error message looks fishy to me -- seems like a very old AutoCAD reader is in play OR something about your file gets us into OLD code.