Question

Oracle ExaCC

• 4 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

An operator is thinking of migrating to Oracle on premise ExaCC with Oracle 12c. I have not worked with an on premise version yet and wanted to know if anyone has seen issues. The operator is a heavy user of FME Server and Desktop.

2 replies

Badge +11
Hi @dellerbeck, Good to hear from you!

I know I've not had any exposure to working with ExaCC and I'm not sure if any of my colleagues have come across. The only person I know that has used FME with ExaCC (in Oracle Cloud) - is you!

If this is in the Customers Cloud... then it is ExaCS they are migrating to?

If they are banking on it just working and are needing the FME Data Integration Platform to work with it, it will need to be tested.

Perhaps someone else in the FME Community has used FME with ExaCC or ExaCS?

Badge +6
@steveatsafe Great to hear back from you!!

Yes, this is Oracle ExaCC On Premise (Database Exadata Could at Customer), the operator has had Oracle in house for several months implementing both hardware and the cloud control. Their hopes are to use the autonomous database and cloud structure to reduce the yearly cost of Oracle licenses.

I can't really think of anything that Safe would have an issue with since we were able to correct the Esri security and client issues. From my experience FME has always been the "easier" application to get working.

Just looking for any pitfalls if anyone has come across them. Thanks!